Introduction to Khadiradi Vati:
Ayurvedic herbal medicine Khadiradi Vati or Gutika is used to treat mouth ulcers, sore throats, and tonsillitis. It contains Khadira, Javitri, and other herbs that help treat various mouth-related ailments such as dental caries, gum disease, tongue disease, and sore throat. It acts as an antiseptic, astringent, and anti-inflammatory agent in the mouth, actively helping in better oral care. It also has expectorant properties, which may help to alleviate coughing.
According to Ayurveda, Khadiradi Vati, due to its unique properties, can help with a variety of mouth-related issues. It is thought to have Kashaya (astringent) and Ropan (healing) properties that aid in the healing of mouth ulcers. Khadiradi Vati (Gutika) has a pleasant odour as well as properties that aid in the control of germ growth, which is a major cause of bad breath. Because of its Kapha balancing properties, Khadiradi Vati can also help with cough and cold management. It aids in the control of coughs, the release of mucus, and the clearing of airways, resulting in improved breathing conditions.
To relieve the symptoms of a mouth ulcer, take 1-2 tablets of Khadiradi Vati or as directed by your doctor. It should be taken once or twice a day, preferably after meals. Avoid self-medication or excessive use of Khadiradi Vati.
When taken in the recommended dose, Khadiradi Vati is generally well tolerated and has no side effects. However, before using Khadiradi Vati, it is best to consult a doctor.
Ingradient of Khadiradi Vati
- Khadira – (heart wood extract) – Acacia catehu
- Karkatashrungi – Citrullus colocynthis (dried pulp)
- Pushkara – Inula racemosa
- katphala – Myrica nagi
- Lavanga – Clove – Syzygium aromaticum
- Shunti – Zingiber officinalis
- Maricha – Black pepper – Piper nigrum
- Pippali – Piper longum
- Haritaki – Terminalia chebula (fruit rind)
- Bharngi – Clerodendron serratum (root)
- Ativisha – Aconitum heterophyllum
- Amruta – Stem – Tinospora cordifolia
- Karavi – Nigella sativa
- Yasa – Fagonia cretica / arabica
- Agaru- Aquillaria agalloch
- Brihati – Solanum Indicum (root)
- Kantakari – Solanum xanthocarpum (whole plant)
- Aksha – Terminalia bellirica
- Khadira – Acacia catechu – 360 g (heartwood extract)
Decoction prepared from –
- Vasa – Adhatoda vasica (whole plant)
- Kantakari – Solanum xanthocarpum (whole plant)
- Babbula – Acacia nilotica Linn. / indica / arabica
- Ardraka – Zingiber officinalis (rhizome)
- Khadira – Acacia catechu (heartwood extract)
- Dadima – Punica granatum
The fine powders are mixed into the decoction, dried, and then rolled into pills.
Khadiradi Vati Method of Preparation
Wash and sun-dry all the ingredients separately
Powder all the ingredients
Boil the herbal components in the required quantity of water until it reduces to ¼ of its original quantity
Dry the decoction completely till it becomes a paste
Roll the paste on your palm to get gutikas or tablets
Therapeutic Uses of Khadiradi Vati:
Khadiradi Vati is used to treat pharyngitis (sore throat), mouth ulcers, and other dental, gum, tongue, and sore throat diseases. It possesses the following properties that make it a potentially useful medicinal formulation:
Acacia catechu, the main ingredient in Khadiradi Vati, is beneficial in cough, skin eruptions, and ulcers.
Benefits of Khadiradi Vati
Benefits of Khadiradi Vati in Cough with Sputum
According to the National Health Portal of India, sucking on Khadiradi Vati may help with coughing and bringing up and spitting out sputum.
Benefits of Khadiradi Vati in Oral health and Mouth ulcer
According to the Indian Ayurvedic Formulary, Khaidradi Vati is useful for treating
- Mukha daurgandhya (Halitosis)
- Mukha Paka (Stomatitis)
- Danta Roga (Disease of the tooth)
- Dantasausirya (Dental caries)
- Gala Roga (Diseases of the throat)
- Aruci (Tastelessness)
- Caladanta (Loose tooth)
- Mukhajadya (Restricted movement of the jaw)
- Asya Roga (Diseases of the buccal cavity)
- cough with expectoration
Benefits of Khadiradi Vati in Sore Throat
- Pharyngitis, also known as sore throat, affects both adults and children.
- Chronic pharyngitis is the long-term inflammation of the food pipe in the throat region.
- When combined with a proper diet and regimen, Ayurvedic treatment with Khadiradi vati may be an effective alternative management of chronic pharyngitis.
Benefits of Khadiradi Vati for Mouth Sores
- Mukhapaka, also known as stomatitis, is a common oral cavity disease.
- It can cause problems with the gums, lips, palate, and the inside of the cheeks.
- Because it has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and astringent properties, Khadiradi Vati can help relieve symptoms of stomatitis ulcers.
- In studies, Khadiradi Vati was found to be highly effective in the treatment of Mukhpak (stomatitis).
Benefits of Khadiradi Vati for Gum Diseases
- Acacia catechu, the main ingredient in Khadiradi Vati, is a powerful antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory agent.
- It increases the concentration of vitamin C in the cells while also removing free radicals.
- It prevents the breakdown of collagen.
- These effects of Khadiradi Vati aid in the treatment of periodontitis.
- In the treatment of chronic periodontitis, Khadiradi vati was found to be superior to chlorhexidine and comparable to Dashansanskar churana.
Benefits of Khadiradi Vati for Tonsillitis
Tonsillitis is a swelling or inflammation of the tonsils, which are two masses of tissue at the back of the throat. Because of its Kashaya (astringent) properties, Khadiradi Vati can help alleviate the symptoms of tonsillitis. This property reduces inflammation and provides relief from tonsillitis.
How to Use Khadiradi Vati
Khadiradi Vati is available in the form a tablet.
A qualified ayurvedic doctor should determine the dose of khadiradi Vati (Tablets) to be sucked or swallowed with water or honey. The dose will be prescribed by the ayurvedic doctor based on your diagnosis.
Dosage of Khadiradi Vati
The beneficial remedial dose of Khadiradi Vati varies greatly from person to person depending on age, body stability, effects on appetite, the severity of the disease, and the patient’s overall condition. For the most accurate dosage, consult an ayurvedic doctor or practitioner.
Adults: 1 – 2 tablets twice a day, preferably after meals, with adjuvants like honey or madhuka and water, or as directed by a health care provider.
Child: 1 Tablet twice a day, preferably after meals, with adjuvants like honey or madhuka and water, or as directed by a health care provider.
Phytochemical Composition Of Khadiradi Vati
Catechu (acacia catechu extract) is the main component of Khadiradi Vati, and it contains flavonoids, glycosides, alkaloids, saponins, tannins, and volatile oils. Catechin, Protocatechuic acid, Catechuic acid, Phloroglucin, Pyrocatechin, and Quercetin are the main components of Catechu.
Catechu’s active ingredients are responsible for its significant antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, which are used to prevent infections in the oral cavity and other parts of the body.
Nutritional Value of Khadiradi Vati:
Aside from phytochemicals, phytochemical screening of Khadiradi Vati reveals the presence of carbohydrates and proteins.
Side Effects of Khadiradi Vati
Natural Camphor obtained from the Camphor tree is one of the primary components of Khadiradi Vati. Excessive use of the medication may increase the concentration of Camphor in the body, resulting in severe side effects such as
- Abdominal pain
If you notice any of the above-mentioned symptoms, discontinue use of Khadiradi Vati immediately and seek medical attention. Some chronic side effects to be aware of include:
Precaution While Taking Khadiradi vati
Due to a lack of credible information about the use of the pills during pregnancy and breastfeeding, healthcare providers strongly advise against taking them without first consulting with a treating doctor and a lactation expert. Furthermore, due to the high camphor content, Khadiradi Vati should not be used for a longer period of time or for more than 7 days continuously.
Reference of Khadiradi Vati
Yogaratnakara Kasa Chikitsa 353 – 354
Manufacturers of Khadiradi Vati
- Zandu Khadiradi Vati
- VedicAyurvedam Khadiradi Vati
- Dabur Khadiradi Vati
- Baidyanath Khadiradi Vati
- Dhootapapeshwar Khadiradi Gutika
- AVN Khadiradi Vati
- Patanjali Khadiradi Vati
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT KHADIRADI VATI
Khadiradi Vati is a polyherbal ayurvedic formulation. The main ingredient in the formulation is Khadira (Acacia catechu), which is combined with Bhimseni kapoor (Cinnamomum camphora), Kankol (Piper cubeba), Supari (Areca nut), and Javitri (Myristica fragrans).
Khadiradi Vati is prescribed for pharyngitis (sore throat), mouth ulcers, and other diseases of the teeth, gums, tongue, and throat. Khadiradi vati is an antiseptic, astringent, anti-inflammatory, and expectorant that is taken orally. As a result, it is beneficial, particularly in cases of sore throat, tonsillitis, and pharyngitis.
Periodontitis, stomatitis, pharyngitis, and cough can all be helped by Khadiradi Vati.
There have been no reports side effects of Khadiradi Vati.
Yes, it safe to use under ayurvedic Docter.
Acacia catechu, the main ingredient in Khadiradi Vati, is a powerful antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory agent. It raises the level of vitamin C in the cells. It eliminates free radicals and prevents collagen destruction in tissues. In the treatment of chronic periodontitis, Khadiradi Vati was found to be superior to chlorhexidine and comparable to Dashansanskar churana.
Diabetes patients can benefit from Khadiradi Vati. People with diabetes, on the other hand, should consult a doctor before taking Khadiradi Vati.
Khadir, which is found in Khadiradi Vati, is thought to be beneficial for skin problems. Consult a doctor if you are experiencing skin problems. With Khadiradi Vati, avoid self-medication.
Because of its Kapha balancing properties, Khadiradi Vati can also help with cough and cold management. It aids in the control of coughs, the release of mucus, and the clearing of airways, resulting in improved breathing conditions. To relieve the symptoms of a mouth ulcer, take 1-2 tablets of Khadiradi Vati or as directed by your doctor.
Khadiradi Vati should only be taken for the time period prescribed by the doctor. Consult your doctor if you intend to use it for an extended period of time.
Conclusion About Khadiradi Gutika
Because of its enormous therapeutic properties, Khadiradi Vati has been mentioned in several ayurvedic scriptures as an absolute remedy for mouth and gum infections. This incredible herbal formulation contains antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. It also ensures the prevention of mouth ulcers, as well as the treatment and management of pharyngitis (sore throat) and other diseases of the gums, tongue, teeth, and throat.